- Forward motion must be maintained by all units during the parade and there is no stopping in front of judges stand. If this rule is not honored by every participant in each unit in the parade, it is grounds for the unit being disqualified from judging consideration and removal from the parade.
- All participants must be uniformed or appropriately attired.
- Santa Claus will be provided by the Chamber, no others allowed!
- Any entries consisting solely of advertising or expressing political viewpoints will be disqualified. No Political groups or causes will be allowed – this is a Holiday Parade.
- the Parade Committee’s decision on entry acceptance is final. Rule waivers must be approved by the committee in writing at least one week prior to parade.
- The Della Carroll Parade Entry Check-in Booth (located at the Park Bandshell area) opens at 11:00 a.m. and closes at 12:30 a.m. Equestrian check-in location at prejudging area.
- The parade will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m. Any unit not in formation by 1:00 p.m. will be excluded from the parade.
- The parade Committee accepts no responsibility for improper or false unit designations or statements made by parade entrants.
- Violation of parade rules or governmental regulations will be subject entry to immediate disqualification and removal from the parade – this includes maintaining forward motion.
- All units are required to carry an identification banner and must display same at all times at front of unit to be judged.
- The distribution of literature, samples, fruit, candy, or gifts of any kind is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate removal from parade. City regulations forbid the throwing/tossing of material from parade entries to crowd on sidelines. Public address systems are encouraged for music purposes only but must not interfere with other units.
- Granada Hills Chamber reserves the right to refuse any application or unit entry in the parade.
- The Granada Hills Holiday Parade is a “Rain or Shine” event.
ENTRY: Complete the entry form here or download a pdf of entry form to return completed to the Chamber office. Parade orders and staging information will be sent to accepted entries 15 days before parade date. No entries will be accepted after October 30, 2022 due to publicity considerations.
PARADE ROUTE: Approximately 2 miles in length. Route starts at Petit Street on Chatsworth Street and continues westward on Chatsworth Street, finishing at the GRANADA HILLS HIGH SCHOOL (Zelzah & Kingsbury.)
COMMERCIAL ENTRIES: May display name of sponsoring firm and holiday greeting only. We ask these entries to show originality of sign design and spectator appeal. Contact Chamber Office for further details and rules for these entries. (818) 368-3235 Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed noon – 2:00 p.m.)
FLOATS: All floats must meet L.A. City Fire Department’s maximum safety requirements (SEC. 57.22.05 L.A. MUNICIPAL CODE). All floats must be completely decorated and must be towable. City requirements are on file and available at no charge at the Granada Hills Chamber office.
AUTOMOBILES: Judging for autos will take place at 12:00 noon sharp in the parade line-up. Check-in for autos will be from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (whether judged or not) and is located at the Park. No late check-ins will be judged. Auto line-up is north curb of Chatsworth across from Petit Park, per map.
JUDGING: Youth groups, 4-H units, floats, automobiles, and all miscellaneous groups will be judged by community judges as designated by the Chamber of Commerce. Equestrian judging will be a certified judge. Bands and related Marching units will be judged by the Southern California Judges Association. Decisions of the judges will be final, unless properly protested. Judges accept no responsibility for improper or false unit designations. All protests must be made in writing and signed by the General Manager of the unit. No complaints will be received or accepted verbally, in person or by telephone. all protests must be mailed in to the parade chairman for review and forwarding to the appropriate judges.
This is a non-paid participation event. On your entry registration form, please check off the appropriate classification in which you are eligible to be judged. All units accepted into the parade which have registered by the official entry deadline of October 30, 2022 will be eligible for a 1st place trophy and 2nd/3rd place ribbon awards. In addition to the awards for filled categories shown in the application, the Parade Committee will award a Music Sweepstakes Award, and Best Use of Theme Award, and an overall Sweepstakes Award.
Presentation of Parade Awards
3:45 p.m. – 5:00p.m. John V. Ciccarelli Parade Award Ceremony
Granada Hills Charter High School Parking Lot at the corner of Kingsbury Street and Zelzah Ave.
A representative of your unit must be at the award ceremony to receive your award.